California Design Professional Liens
Los Angeles Attorney Representing Architects & Engineers
When filing a design professional lien is your only recourse, our Los Angeles construction attorney will ensure that the lien is filed in the manner required by the State of California.
Filing a Design Professional Lien
A design professional lien can be placed against a property when money is owed to an architect, engineer, designer (such as an interior designer), or land surveyor.
In order to file a lien:
- A building permit or other governmental approval must have been obtained
- There must be a written contract between the design professional and the property owner
- The owner must have defaulted on payments or refused to pay in accordance with the written contract
- The design professional must make a written demand for payment which must be mailed by registered or certified first-class mail, postage prepaid
- You must be licensed and your license must not have lapsed at any time during the period in which you were involved in the project
Need Help with a Design Professional Lien? Call Today!
As a design professional, you need a California design professional liens attorney who knows and understands your needs. Our law firm has a reputation for efficiency, experience, and ethics that has gained the trust of architects and engineers throughout Southern California.
Contact a Los Angeles construction lawyer by e-mail or call us for a free telephonic consultation.