Los Angeles Construction Law Attorney
Get Started with a Free Phone Consultation: (888) 577-1518
With thousands of building permits issued annually in Los Angeles and throughout Southern California, contractors, design professionals, property owners, and developers need an experienced Los Angeles construction attorney to help them navigate the complicated legal issues surrounding construction law. We have over 40 years of experience in representing and advising clients as they build, design or contract for homes or other structures, protecting their livelihood or investment.
The Law Office of Steven R. Lovett focuses on what we call "preventive law." We emphasize prevention over cure — it is typically much more time- and cost-effective to manage risk before a dispute arises than to litigate later. When disputes do arise, however, we will look for alternative resolutions, such as mediation, whenever practical. If litigation or arbitration becomes necessary, our attorney will litigate or arbitrate aggressively on your behalf. If you need construction assistance, please contact the Law Office of Steven R. Lovett as soon as possible.
Who Needs Construction Law Assistance?
It is almost inevitable that disputes arise when dealing with construction matters. The Law Office of Steven R. Lovett has over 40 years of real estate and construction law experience.
We utilize our skills in said areas to help:
- Architects and engineers, including contract disputes, intellectual property rights and construction defect questions
- Contractors and subcontractors, including issues around agreements, licenses, liens and insurance
- Property owners and developers, including contract reviews, claims filed against a license bond and representation at mediation
No construction issue is too simple or complex for our firm to handle and we strive to successfully resolve every client's legal issues.
Let Our Law Firm Help You Avoid Litigation
By ensuring that contracts are fair and enforceable, that liens are accurate, and that disputes are documented in advance can save you the emotional wear and tear — and considerable expense — of litigation. Here are just a few simple things you can do as part of your own preventive law strategy:
- Keep accurate records: Pay special attention to change orders, delays or requests for additional work
- Send confirmation letters: These help avoid confusion and misunderstanding, especially when your client is required to sign and return a copy to you
- Get a credit report or check bank references: Find out in advance how credit-worthy your client is
- Check for proper licensure: Retaining an unlicensed contractor or subcontractor can be asking for trouble
As a law firm with vast experience in construction law, we know what details are most often overlooked. Call us for more information.
Contact Us for a Free Telephone Consultation
Do not attempt to handle construction issues alone— contact our Los Angeles construction law attorney by e-mail or call the Law Office of Steven R. Lovett for a free telephone consultation. We have helped dozens of clients reach their end goals and we can do the same for you.
Please call (888) 577-1518 to learn how we can help you.