California Design Professional Liens Lawyer
Los Angeles Attorney Representing Architects and Engineers
The legal team at the Los Angeles-area Law Office of Steven R. Lovett has been advising and representing architects, engineers, and other design professionals for almost 40years.
When filing a design professional lien is your only recourse, our Los Angeles construction attorney will ensure that the lien is filed in the manner required by the State of California.
Filing a Design Professional Lien
A design professional lien can be placed against a property when money is owed to an architect, engineer, designer (such as an interior designer), or land surveyor.
In order to file a lien:
- A building permit or other governmental approval must have been obtained
- There must be a written contract between the design professional and the property owner
- The owner must have defaulted on payments or refused to pay in accordance with the written contract
- The design professional must make a written demand for payment which must be mailed by registered or certified first-class mail, postage prepaid
- You must be licensed and your license must not have lapsed at any time during the period in which you were involved in the project
Need Help With a Design Professional Lien? Contact a Los Angeles Construction Lawyer
As a design professional, you need a California design professional liens attorney who knows and understands your needs. Our law firm has the reputation for efficiency, experience, and ethics that has gained the trust of architects and engineers throughout Southern California.
Contact a Los Angeles construction lawyer by e-mail or call us for a free telephonic consultation.